Last Updated: August 20th, 2020
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Retention of Data
- Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
- Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
- Your Choices
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Contact Us
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form or survey, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, billing and shipping address, phone number, payment information and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Transaction Information: We collect information about your transactions with us, including product details and the date and location of the transaction.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the geolocation of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see Your Choices section below for details). If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect from you, such as from identity verification services, mailing list providers, event partners, and data co-ops. For example, if you create or log into your SweatVida account through a social media service, we will have access to certain information from that service, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media service.
Information We Derive or Infer
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, and develop new products and services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, customer experience survey and recall notices;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services and in our stores;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by SweatVida and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see the Your Choices section below for information about opting out of these communications at any time); Provide and administer certain programs, such as our Ambassador programs;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others section below);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of SweatVida and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, marketing and advertising, analytics and customer service;
- With third parties for their own services and marketing purposes, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of SweatVida or others;
- With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among SweatVida and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction, such as when you submit a product review or post content in public areas of our Services.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Retention of Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
SweatVida is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from SweatVida by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
You may opt out of receiving text messages (SMS) from SweatVida by replying “stop” to any message.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) and the Shine the Light law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) afford consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, financial information, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, audio, electronic, visual, or similar information and inferences. For details about precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. We have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers||Advertising networks, Internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, payment processors, fulfilment partners, customer support partners, events and promotions partners, and fraud prevention partners|
|Financial Information||Data analytics providers, payment processors, fulfilment partners, customer support partners, and fraud prevention partners|
|Commercial Information||Advertising networks, data analytics providers, payment processors, fulfilment partners, customer support partners, and fraud prevention partners|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Advertising networks, Internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, customer support partners, and fraud prevention partners|
|Geolocation Data||Advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms|
|Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information||Customer support partners and fraud prevention partners|
|Inferences||Advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, customer support partners and fraud prevention partners|
SweatVida does not sell your personal information. We do allow our advertising partners to collect certain device identifiers and electronic network activity via our Services to show ads that are targeted to your interests. To opt out of having your personal information used for targeted advertising purposes, please see the Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others section above.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt out of any “sales” of your personal information that may be occurring, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by calling (512) 960-3144 or by emailing email@example.com. Monitor your email after you submit a request, as we will send you a confirmation email to verify your request. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.
We offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide discounts, coupons, and other benefits for customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails or join certain discount programs. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers like your name and email address and commercial information like your purchase history. You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up instructions, and you have the ability to opt-out of the incentive at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal information is the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
Shine the Light
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.